Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hursthouse’s View On Abortion

THOUGHT. BLACK


This morning, I went through the center of Madrid. More specifically in the area of the square, alone, walking and observing everything around me. Good weather and people goes with short sleeves. It's October. It is well besides the sun and the shade is not cold. I could not help smiling with several pictures with which I have found; All living statues were making up and preparing for a tough day but already predicted successful, because the streets were full of tourists, retirees, families of young people ... I felt enveloped in a feeling of peace and happiness.

But I have to confess that this morning, that morning, for a few minutes, I disappointed myself.

Naturally, every time I go to these places as tourist, I can not help being cautious with my bag, because I had bad experiences. For this, I have a hundred eyes, attentive to everything and everyone.
Turning to the Plaza Mayor, I've seen a couple of older tourists, British or American, holding hands crossing the street, right next to me. And a few seconds later, a black boy of about 20 to 25 years in gently pushes me to side with the lady. And I thought: "I hope Mrs. beware of the bag." I've thought about because intuitively I found very strange to push the boy and his desire to be on the side, right next to the gray lady. I thought his eyes follow them to see if the boy was withdrawing its willingness to steal. That. I assumed that was what he I wanted to steal. And therefore had less need to take the side of the white couple of aliens.

And suddenly, I saw the lady raised her hand to caress the nape of the young, came together at a souvenir shop ...

I felt ashamed and I was disappointed with myself. I did not expect in any case, it was his son. I was certain it was, because after I watched and I realized I had to be family, for the love and closeness that were spoken.

This made me think like me, many will surely have thought the same thing once and I stopped to think how difficult it can be for a multiracial family every day, sometimes. And that in my family we have had such experiences.

I myself am adopted and so I felt deeply ashamed.

I think there is still much work to do. I hope I do not want to offend anyone with any comments, only heartfelt thing happened to me today.

I'm not racist. But why think that? Why? How hard is to not prejudge people by their skin color? I remember that at eighteen had a black boyfriend and I got angry a lot when on the street, the ladies held the bag on sight, and I had wanted to scream: "It's a good boy, like any other, with a heart so big!"

But this morning I found doing the same, so more than ever multiracial families need to know what comes over, face it and know they are different families and be united to all this.


Written by Laura Heckel, author of the blog http://www.adopmundi.com/

Thanks Laura.

http://yaivi.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment