Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Penn State Wrestling License Plate

j'étais ...

If I was born white, I had a happy childhood with songs to sleep, millions of miles of toys colors and parents who put my safety first and foremost, my stability and my well-being.

had I been born white, my body could enjoy the creams the sweetest, most exquisite perfumes, shampoos and scented, silky clothes of all colors, which would work all my senses since I was little.
I wish I was born
blanche to be that control at home have always bitten tantrums and make everyone dance to my will power to tell people "shut up" when I get tired of listening because the only person that matters is me.

I wish I was born white because I had the opportunity to travel, go to the most charismatic and deep earth, having the feeling of "eat" the life and know that if I wanted I could. Climb on the walls of the highest terrestrial orbit, globe and enjoy a satisfactory feeling of loneliness.

I wish I was born to live in a white room facilities, opportunities, knowledge, convenience ... and a peaceful life without worries. For what it's like "decide" what "security" or "having low morale, feeling selfish and egocentric that it does not bother me; Enjoying a physical love with hugs, kisses and all these things I do and say the whites.


... But I was born in a place where Mother Nature dominates premium and, where appropriate, the need and shortages do leave no room for flattery nor treats. A place where poverty is a setting where trsitesse and has no place. I was born in a place where the drums resound calling for joy by vibrating souls; A place where my ancestors were born directly from the ground and implored the rain with salt and fire. I have the lion's blood in my veins and I have the gods of thunder, iron and earth watching over me ... So say the fathers of my fathers.

I have a culture of songs, choruses, truths that make each day is not only a routine or habit. I can read in their eyes. I know the people. I know what it is that the concern and what comes just before "suffer". I know people value, and highlight what I have. I know to be grateful. I know what the slaps, hawk everyday clothes every day and Sunday clothes. Playing in the street half-naked, with the elements of nature as toys. I know how carefree laughter resounds.

I know what it is to play, put a bird on top of the mango trees; see the world perched up there, and think that the horizon is the cabin looming out there in the distance. Go on vacation by just changing neighborhood. Bubbled, wade in the river with friends, challenging the simple rules of hygiene and infection. And my poor skin, accustomed to the weather, not suffer under the floor burning at the zenith, or with the bite of a scorpion.

I know what it's like walking barefoot, barefoot running, noting the path of stones, stones with a simple touch reminds me of my childhood. I know what it means to be lying in a field, the grass all around, and listen to crickets sing; wet grass reminiscent of the melancholy smell of rain. The "wake up early," siesta under the trees in the afternoon, this ignorance that produces well-being and peace of mind. See the stars just by looking up and know that you can not "eat" the world, but you can t'élancer and fly.

I know what the houses are poorly built, that have nothing to do with the great city of stone, but each has its history. Like the baobab trees with their majestic Terrifying. A culture of stories, suppositions, superstitions and the metaphors that defy even the great Tim Burton.

I proud of my roots and I swagger up to the full. Is someone who has experienced anything who suffers for the same things. I am prepared. I have my experiences as a shield, experiences that have sharpened my senses and intuition. I have the strength to face my problems. I have in me the bravery and courage of the leopard. Fire burning me to live with any passion. Me, I can fly.

I wish I was born white but seen is much more cool to be black.


* Text cartoonist, translated from the original version in English: Me Hubi gustado ser blanca.

http://yaivi.blogspot.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment